Law Society Complaints Procedure
All complaints should be submitted to the Law Society using our Online Complaints Form which is available from the bottom of this page. Before completing the online form it is important that you read the following guidance notes:
- Please attach documents which you think will help us, for example any emails, letters, documents etc. you intend to rely upon to support your complaint.
- You must always include your written complaint to the solicitor, whether it is a letter/email or a copy of the Law Society’s in-house complaints form.
- Please provide a copy of any response received from the solicitor.
- All aspects of the complaint should be included on the form as new issues cannot be raised at a later date.
- To maintain confidentiality and to comply with statutory obligations, we have to ensure that any complaint to us about your solicitor's conduct or service is in writing and contains your full postal address.
- Once your online complaint form is submitted we are happy to accept further correspondence via email.
- We will acknowledge and respond to email enquiries received.
- Our investigations are based on documentary evidence. To ensure our records properly reflect your position any information given over the telephone will have to be confirmed by you in writing.
- At the conclusion of our investigation we will always send a decision letter to you and the solicitors providing an outline of our findings.
- If you are unhappy with the Society’s treatment of your complaint you may refer the matter to the Legal Services Oversight Commissioner.
- Further information on our complaint procedures is available on the complaint section of our website.
Online Complaints Form